Sunday, July 26, 2015

Paris Day #1

Finally, after 4 years of waiting, me and my friend Megan, along with her dad, were off to Paris! It is so exciting and still surreal to me as I sit in this tiny, yet quite maximized space of ours for the next 4 days that we are here. After driving up to O'Hare Airport in Chicago and waiting for our plane to take off (it was delayed because it arrived late), we worried that we would not make it onto our next flight from Dublin to Paris because of the exceedingly short layover plus that mess. Luckily, we boarded the 7 hour flight and, after fast walking through Dublin's airport, made it onto our next plane with success. This flight was much shorter, only around and hour and 20 minutes (thank GOD) and then we stepped into the Paris airport, filled with wonder. I've personally never been out of the country before and having to base my expectations off of what I see on TV, movies, and vlogs on youtube (don't do this guys, perception is not reality) I had no idea exactly what to expect. After stumbling around trying to find the exit from there, we hopped in a cab and it was a little bit of a drive to actual downtown Paris from the airport, but definitely made me have a different perspective. One of the first things I noticed when driving on the interstate was a cornfield (I was trying to escape those in Indiana) and also that the walls were covered in graffiti practically the whole way that there were walls. I kinda liked the graffiti though because the walls before were so plain and boring. Then, once you start to enter the city, it looks like most other cities outskirts and all, with some newer, and some older, unkept buildings. Once you got into the central part of Paris however, it all changed and I was in love. After dropping our stuff off in the apartment, we headed out. Side note: to make use of my time while we waited for a guy named Louis to come let us in, I sat in the empty staircase and did my makeup, it definitely saved me time even if I looked insane when he walked up to us and I had all my makeup spread around me. I highly recommend trying this. Anyway, we decided to just walk around and scope out Paris today and also check out the Tour de France finale. They pretty much just were doing victory type laps today since the race technically ended I think (?) yesterday. After they went around a lap and were coming back, one biker fell over causing a ripple effect and bringing down tons of other bikers, still pretty exciting to witness that though (the finale, not the accident). We also visited the beautiful Notre Dame which is just, completely on its own level, I mean it was built in 1163. How many buildings were built that long ago and are still around today?! Pretty awesome. So yeah we saw a lot of different sites today but didn't do too much actually going in places because we wanted to get ourselves used to the city and just take it all in. I'll check back in with you guys tomorrow but for now you can take a look at some of my pics below!

Louvre Entrance

Notre Dame

What is left of the lock bridge 

Shirt dress and flannel from Forever 21, Necklace from Go Fish (one of a kind), Purse is Steve Madden from DSW,  Map Watch from Urban Outfitters and shoes are Nike

Tour de France (pre-crash)

No comments:

Post a Comment