Sunday, June 15, 2014

Florida Trip: Outfits & What I Bought

Hello all! Sorry I have been on a hiatus for a week or two, however I am finally back from vacation so I decided what better than to post about it. My family and I traveled to Longboat Key, Florida, a small island (I think it's considered that?) right by Siesta Key and Sarasota. I took pictures of some of my outfits I like while we were there for a week and also bought some stuff as well. I ended up buying more than I expected but it still wasn't a huge haul or anything. So I'll start with my outfits, I chose 4 to post on here and I'll give you the details on what I'm wearing as well.

Outfit #1
Shirt: local boutique, Shorts and Sunglasses: Forever 21, Backpack: Urban Outfitters, 
Shoes: Juju Brand from Urban Outfitters


Outfit #2
Shirt: Forever 21, Bandeau: JcPenney, Shorts: Thrifted, Bag: Target
Shoes & Socks: Topshop, Sunglasses: Marc by Marc Jacobs from Nordstrom Rack


Outfit #3
Dress & Shirt (turned backwards into a jacket) & Sunglasses: Forever 21, 
Shoes: Franco Sarto from DSW, Purse: Target


Outfit #4
Knit Shirt: Bethany Mota Collection at Aeropostale, Shorts: Forever 21, Shoes: Converse from Nordstrom,
Purse: Target, Necklace: Go Fish


Ok so there are 4 outfits that I wore on vacation, sorry that the picture for outfit #3 is so dark I couldn't get the lighting just right for some reason, also I cut off my head in outfit #4 because my face looked weird (oops). Now onto what I bought on the trip though!! Let's get started...


One of the first things I bought on the trip was this backpack from a Vera Bradley Outlet. I didn't think I would find anything from this store when I was looking around but I really wanted to get a new backpack for next year and this one caught my eye! It's such a vibrant royal blue and I love the quilting on it too. I'm not really sure how I feel about the inside pattern yet, however. It's not terribly bad but it's a little more bold than I wanted. I like that its more of a drawstring than zipper and it has two pockets on the side for water bottles which my current bag does not have. 



Okay these are the shorts I bought from Forever 21 when my mom dragged us to a mall in Sarasota. I almost didn't see them but then found them right before I left. They caught my eye because they're a nice light weight fabric that I've been wanting more of and they are kind of a tie dye wash; just three lines down the middle but it looks cool without over doing it. They're black with white stripes. 


 The second thing I got from Forever 21 at the mall, just a simple gold necklace that fits close to the neck. 


The third thing purchased from Forever 21, a knit, red striped crop top that is low cut in the front and back.


The last thing I found in Forever 21 were these black biker shorts that i've been wanting to get for some time now to wear under shorts if needed.


Another thing I bought at the outlet mall we found is this bright pink baseball cap from Polo Ralph Lauren. I wanted to get a baseball cap on vacation and this one was perfect for me because it's actually cute and fun-colored! 


This shirt is from a local tourist shop and it's pretty self-explanatory; it's just a Lifeguard shirt with Lido Beach written under which is around Siesta Key. (I've already worn it a few times so it's a little wrinkly and me being me, spilled something sticky on the lettering?)



While at CVS picking up a few things, I saw this new scandal eyes eyeshadow/eyeliner stick and thought I would give it a try! I only used it once and it went on pretty easily but I was in a hurry so I haven't really formed an opinion on it yet if that makes sense. I'll update you on how I like it in a future post possibly. 


Just a pair of shorts I got from Alvin's Island, another local shop, at St. Armand's Circle. They were super cheap and I really needed another pair so why not!


                      
 Another purchase from Alvin's Island, just a couple anklets that I decided I'm going to wear as bracelet because anklets kind of bother me to wear. 


This was just a small purchase from Publix, which tragically we don't have in the midwest, they were each $1 so it didn't exactly break the bank and they seemed so neat I mean they're stinkin' flowers in a can and herbs in a can! 




This is undoubtedly my favorite purchase from the whole trip. This necklace was from a store called Go Fish which isn't exactly a local shop, they have some sporadically throughout the south I believe, and it was also a Christian store but it was really cool because the buyers for the store travel all around and buy from local artisans all over the world. What really sold me on buying this necklace was when the employee told me that this was the only one in the world made from a local in Peru. I believe it is made up of the coin money they have there in Peru but I am not entirely sure. 


So that's everything I got on my trip! Only thing I searched so hard for but failed to find was the newest issue off Nylon Magazine which is apparently not sold anywhere in Florida!!! I seriously searched up and down and all around at like 4-5 different stores to find this but couldn't. Strangely, I didn't really see Vogue at many places either so I don't know what the people in the south are reading... but I eventually found it at Kroger once I got back home. Anyway I hope you enjoyed reading this post and make sure to follow me and comment below! 



Follow Me!
Twitter/Instagram: @a_copp 












No comments:

Post a Comment