Sunday, July 13, 2014

Song of the Week



HELLO ALL! Sorry I have been on a little hiatus for awhile but I am BACK and writing because there has been a song that I have not been able to get off my mind since well, it was released. What is that song you ask? It is none other than Lucy (Hurt People Hurt People) by Olivver (a.k.a Bryan Sammis). Bryan was formerly the drummer of the band The Neighbourhood, but more recently he has been making a name for himself in the music world. After leaving the group he decided to try his hand at singing and making music solo. (Personally this excited me because I always loved reading his writing on tumblr I found it so intellectually stimulating and interesting) It all started with the powerful "Purge" which if you're overly emotional like me, makes ya shed a few tears when watching the video. It was a stripped back song that had a different sound than originally expected, but told/showed a powerful message. Next came the song Revvival which I believe was sort of a companion/follow up song to Purge. After that was Attica '71 which I really love a lot and as you know the latest song of his is Lucy. When you first hear the song, or after you hear it the first time, you need to watch the video because it will all make more sense once you do so. Not only is the beat to this song somehow infectious (it makes me want to listen to the song on repeat 100 times), but the lyrics give insight into what seems to be Bryan's past and the struggles he's had; once again telling a powerful message. All of his work seems to be very honest and real, that is why i'm anxious to hear the many more songs to be released in the future. Bryan seems to be such an intriguing guy with interesting thoughts and outtakes on life that hopefully one day I could have the pleasure of sitting down and talking to him about; just a glimpse into his mind would be incredible. But anyway this guy is doing some great stuff that you should watch out for. Down below I'll post a link to the song and video.


Lucy (Hurt People Hurt People) Audio

Lucy Video


As always, thanks for reading! Feel free to share and subscribe if you like what you read.

No comments:

Post a Comment