Thursday, May 8, 2014

The 1975 in Columbus Ohio May 5th, 2014

So the latest concert I recently attended was that of The 1975 in Columbus, Ohio on Monday May 5th. I've loved their music for around a year now and I was really excited that it ended up working out that I got to travel to go see them. I wasn't really sure what to expect at first, I mean obviously their music in my opinion in amazing and something unlike really anyone in the music industry currently, but it turned out as probably one of my top three favorite shows of all time, alongside Ed Sheeran and The Neighbourhood.
For me it was all about the experience; from the stage presence the lead singer, Matty, exuberated on stage, to the light show they put on that added to seeing their music live. Although simple can be nice, sometimes it's cool to see a whole performance that you can really get into and rock out to. I started out being in the first couple rows but the crowd was a little too rowdy and it wasn't really enjoyable to watch while being constantly shoved and torn from the friend you came with, so we decided to be pulled out of the pit. If I was like front row I would not have done this or if it were indoors, but since it was outside we went to the side stage and honestly this show is one that you could be as far back as possible and still enjoy it as much as being up close and center. Their music live is indescribable really and is the kind that, after seeing live, makes you appreciate the music and love it so much more than you ever thought you would. The band is incredible live and doesn't sound worse than their recordings (better actually). Pleasantly, they also had two good openers on this tour! I was a little upset after seeing there were two when I thought there would only be one but I enjoyed hearing both so much! Sir Sly was first; they had a really cool sound, and then came on the Bad Suns as it was starting to get dark. I had two of their songs that I already knew but after seeing them live I went home and pre ordered their cd which is coming out soon (and that I recommend you all do). Also what concerned me was when I found out it was outside instead of inside like I had thought it would be originally; and this was for two reasons. 1) is that it was supposed to be cold and raining that whole day, but luckily by the time I got there until the time I left it didn't rain once. Also, it was only a little chilly before but when in the pit it was actually hot so being outside was nice to get some fresh air and not die. 2) A lot of time concerts outside just aren't as intimate and the same as indoors I feel, especially if they start while it's still light outside. It was only light out during Sir Sly though, and it ended up not really bothering me that much. By the time The 1975 it was dark and everything turned out perfectly. Afterward my friend and I stayed to meet and talk to the Bad Suns and Sir Sly (although we only met one band member of Sir Sly because we spent too much time at the Bad Suns table, oops). But the Bad Suns were really down to earth and so cool (shoutout to Ray for drawing this weird looking human-type thing on my converse)!! Then my phone died so after being the last ones out of the venue I found an outlet close by and was charging my phone 'til we found out Matty was meeting fans!! We were so close but then Matty had to leave before meeting everyone else (which was very sad) but I guess understandable considering they were heading up to Toronto that night which is a long drive. All in all, if you have the chance to see The 1975 live (or the other bands really) go do it!! Nothing is stopping you and I promise you will have a wonderful time and possibly PCD (post concert depression) for days after. And if you don't know their music I beg you to right now (like, all of it, not just their regular album, their deluxe and every song you can find). You will thank me someday I'm sure. Down below I'll link videos and pictures from the night! As always, thanks for reading.

Matty being nice, grabbing my hand/waving bye as I leave the pit

Part of M.O.N.E.Y.
 FULL VIDEO HERE



Amazing photo (credit to @genconquet on twitter):




Bad Suns:




Matty flying some helicopter toy before the concert:




Girls freaking out over Matty before the concert while he was flying toy:





Me and my dads (jk) Bad Suns:




 Cool picture of the crowd:




[Self explanatory I think]:



Picture of Matty (least blurry one I had):




Matty after the show:




Follow Me to see more pictures/me freaking out and being weird n stuff:
Instagram & Twitter: a_copp



No comments:

Post a Comment