Thursday, May 15, 2014

April Favorites!


Hey guys! Today's post is exactly how it sounds in the title... my April favorites! May is now amongst us so I thought I'd share with you all what products and music and such that I've enjoyed in April (and also well into May). I'll be sharing with you 4 things total (sorry about picture quality, I'll try and improve it next time)! 


First up one thing I've found myself constantly using and wearing everywhere are backpacks! They're so spacious, even the smaller ones, and most have a ton of pockets to store things in various places! Plus they usually are zipped or drawstring along with a flap that holds it closed. The two I own are orange and red. The orange one I actually got from Urban Outfitters in their sale section for only $5 last year and I couldn't pass up purchasing it for that little. The other small backpack I own, the red one, I stole from my mom's closet (it's ok she doesn't wear it anymore) and it is from coach, which I am assuming she bought long ago possibly in the 90s? That one is the nice, smaller one so if I don't need to carry around a ton of stuff. Why I recently started carrying them more often is because they're cute (duh) and also they're really nice for taking to concerts, especially if you're going to be taking a decent amount of stuff into the venue like cameras, etc. I wouldn't necessarily recommend taking a leather one, like the red (pictured below) into a concert if it is general admission as it may get dirty like the one from Urban Outfitters did because the material may be harder to clean but of course it is all up to your opinion!




My next April favorite is bright eyeliners! I got inspired when I saw them frequently worn throughout many different shows during Spring Fashion Week and went out to get a couple from Sephora. The two I got are actually called "smudge sticks" by Stila but in my opinion are easier for people (like me) who haven't yet mastered the art of applying perfect eyeliner. They are called 'Turquoise' and 'Canary'. I got these a couple months ago, but haven't worn them much until now because I wanted to wait until it was more springtime and it was warm outside. The two I have from Stila are a little pricier around $20 each but should last quite awhile and if you are not willing to commit so soon or want to spend that much you most likely can find just as nice colors from a brand like Covergirl or Maybelline that are sold at the drugstore for cheaper. These just look so good if you don't want to wear much eye makeup but still want something that stands out and pops.



My third, and last beauty, favorite is matte top coat for nails. Matte has become an increasingly popular trend recently and I love the sleek, modern look it exhibits. On nails it's something different that looks cool and still a lot of people haven't started wearing yet. I am seriously just so obsessed with the matte look I can't get enough of it! The kind I own is just called 'OPI Matte Top Coat' by OPI of course and it cost around $8 or $9 dollars, the standard amount if you're looking for standard quality nail polish and nothing too fancy or expensive. 
(If you were wondering I spilled some polish on the bottle that's why it has weird splotches)


My fourth and last April favorite (sadly) falls under the music category and it is Bad Suns 'Transpose' EP. The EP is composed of 4 songs but I honestly like all four so much there isn't one I dislike (which is always good) especially for such a new band and on their piece of music they put out. With such a strong start it looks like their new album 'Language & Perspective' is set to be a hit when it releases June 24th and I can't wait to hear it. 'Cardiac arrest', the first song, is such a catchy tune; every person I have showed it to or that has heard it playing instantly likes it and asks who's singing it and can't stop praising it (not even kidding, my mom instantly liked it when she heard it and that's saying a lot). My other favorite is 'Twenty Years' which is short, but has really sweet lyrics set to infectious music. All of the songs boast such distinct sounds yet correlate so well (and they have pretty album artwork). I definitely recommend taking a minute to look up some of their stuff (I'll link their youtube page as well as a personal video down below).






Follow me!
Instagram/Twitter: a_copp







1 comment:

  1. As if you got a backpack from urban outfitters for 5 pounds! I'm so jealous! And you should do a make up tutorial with the eyeliners!
    http://emilielovespandas.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete