Monday, July 27, 2015

Paris Day #2

So here we are, I wake up this Monday morning and it's another day in Paris. I think I love this city even more at night, however there's so much to see during the day. First off we went to the famous Louvre. It took forever to get into the museum and it started raining pretty hard while we were standing there, but all is good because it was worth it once we got inside. (Tip: get there RIGHT when it opens to avoid lines that most likely take hours to get through; by 2 pm they went all the way out the museum and through the mall from that entrance). Of course we went and saw winged victory, venus de milo (my favorite!) and the mona lisa. I personally loved the ancient Egyptian and sculpture exhibits. The islamic art exhibit was really neat, although rather small, and in a cool part of the building. The museum itself is huge and after being there for several hours we were ready to go. The beginning halls and rooms were very crowded with people everywhere, but the deeper you went, the less people you would find so it ended up being not too bad to get around. Afterwards we stopped to get drinks at The Ruc not too far away, then we took the metro to the Opera house and afterwards to Galeries Lafayette. It is a very nice mall with many levels, the first being mainly fragrances and makeup, then as you make your way up there is a floor with only high end brands such as Chanel, Chloe, Louis Vuitton, Prada, etc. Those were nice to look around for a minute, but of course I wouldn't even think of going in since I couldn't buy anything and most doors were roped off, only allowing a few customers in at a time which was intimidating. They also had a floor with women's clothing brands, prices were still pretty high, but that's just Paris. For the more popular and well known stores there was Zara, Topshop, Urban Outfitters, and then there were more that I of course didn't really recognize but I assume were possibly well known in Europe or France. After buying a few things from there, we hopped on the metro again to go to the Montmartre area which is artsy and has some very interesting streets to walk around and many, many places to eat. We stopped for dinner and I tried snail (!!!) very interesting texture which I'm not sure I enjoyed, but overall it wasn't bad and I'm glad I forced myself to try it. We also saw Moulin Rouge afterward, then made our way back to the apartment before walking around a little more tonight. Overall, the people so far have been pretty nice and patient with us considering there have been a few language barriers along the way. Here's some pictures from today and I'll check in with you again tomorrow!
Little Overlook of Paris (at Montmartre) 

At the Louvre
The Opera House 

            
Winged Victory
Mona Lisa (of course)


Islamic Art Exhibit at the Louvre


 
                                                            So very photogenic (top of Galeries Lafayette) 




No comments:

Post a Comment