Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Paris Day 3

Yay so I made it to day #3 in Paris! We only have one more day in the city, and even though driving through the country to Normandy, then Versailles will be cool, I'm already sad thinking about having to leave here. I really love the culture and people here, I'm sure it's similar in most of Europe which makes me just wanna travel around here even more (possible next trips: Ireland or Spain??) We've become somewhat of pros (only kidding!) at using the metro and navigating our way around it by now and I've grown to like it even if it occasionally smells and can be overcrowded at times. The architecture here is just breathtaking. We went to the top of the Arc de Triomphe and just took in all the panoramic views of the city from up there. I think that was my favorite thing of the trip so far to be honest. The many, many stairs needed to get to the top is worth it, trust me. This, along with visiting the Musee d'Orsay. We grabbed breakfast after getting off the metro at a local bakery and then promptly got in line, luckily since we lined up before opening we didn't wait too long, although it was delayed 15 minutes, sadly. Then, once getting in I had a mini freak out because I legitimately thought someone had stolen my phone, even though theres no way that could've happened; I was just in panic mode and not thinking (it ended up having slid down farther than I thought the pocket in my new purse could go). I really enjoyed this museum much more than the Louvre just because it was less crowded, easier to navigate, and had the time period of painting styles I enjoy more. My favorites were the Monet's, Van Gogh, and Alfred Sisley. Excuse my lack of painting terms, but I love it when they paint with dots instead of smooth brush strokes. After touring around there for a couple hours and the arc, we headed to Le Friedland for a late lunch, a little ways off from the arc area. Next was Pere Lachaise Cemetery, where Oscar Wilde, Jim Morrison, and many others are buried. It really is a cool place to visit because of how stunningly beautiful the graves and mausoleums lining the cobblestone streets. It is a little ways off, but the metro has a line that goes there. Finishing up there, we raced back to Odeon station to meet with my friends old au pair and from there we went to dinner at Bullion Racine, a really cool old building. Dinner lasted nearly 4 hours but it passed so quickly talking to her and eating amazing duck, and cake/sorbet. Tomorrow has a lot in store, so till then!

Pere Lachaise Cemetery 

Jim Morrison's Grave

Me with Van Gogh's Self Portrait 

In the middle of the Orsay Museum

Inside an exhibit in the Orsay

A crepe I bought on the street (best i've ever had, no joke)

The Arc de Triomphe 

Views from the Arc
Me n the eiffel tower


No comments:

Post a Comment