Tuesday, May 12, 2015

April + May Birchbox Review!

Hello good people who still visit my blog! I am so grateful for you reading this first off. Second item of business; my April and May Beauty boxes and review of the items and Birchbox services. This is the April birchbox -
As you can see on the front of the package, the design is by Rifle Paper Co. and I really loved this pretty floral for spring! Diving in, this is what it looks like when you open it up.
 There's a little message about that month and the people who designed the box, then if you turn over that little postcard type paper, it shows this-


 And it lists off all the products included in that months box and why they love them, how to use the products, and how much they cost if you want to buy the full size.

Onto the first couple products, there is Harvey Prince hello body butter and LAQA & Co. Sheer Lip Lube Pencil.

I tried the hello body butter and oh man, not only does this smell incredible, (lemony but not over powering), but it also is very light and leaves your skin feeling very fresh and rejuvenated. I really love this product and would recommend it if you are wanting a nicer body butter that isn't too thick ($20).
Next is the Lip Lube which is in a medium pink color. I really like the way this pencil goes on and the amount of shine it gives. Usually I don't like my lips to be overly shiny or slick but this is just the perfect balance and the color looks exquisite on. It also lasts quite long. I both love and loathe the minty fresh scent because it is refreshing, but I am also not a big fan of tasting minty-ness on my lips all day. I guess it depends on your preference but I would definetely buy more of this product if it came down to it.



Starting with the Beaver Professional Hydro Nutritive Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner, I have only used this a couple times and it made my hair feel really nice and clean, however to do what it says it does (repair damaged hair and strengthen/rebuild) I would need to use it more consistently. I do like what I see but I need more time.
Last in this box is the Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream- Blueberry. Oh my goodness does this smell AMAZING. More than that, I don't think my legs have ever felt this nice after shaving for as long as I can remember. The only downside is that this is also pricey at $20 for only around 5 ounces of product, but at the same time only a little bit of this product goes a very long way. Plus it comes in not only blueberry but almond, lavender, coconut, pomegranate, and acai grapefruit scents. If you're looking for a similar product for cheaper I would recommen EOS shaving creams, they also leave your skin feeling great and silky smooth!

Onto May's Birchbox!

This is the front of the box, the design in partnership with cupcakes and cashmere. There also was a recipe on a card that said you could receive the free cupcakes and cashmere at home book if you spent over $55 online at Birchbox. There is the list of products and their prices as well.
The first product is Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect that is supposed to be a leave in conditioner and something you spray on before you comb through your hair. Now, since I have curly hair for days, I typically don't comb my hair, especially when it's drying, but I did spray some on my hair and let it air dry and it left it feeling very soft. Do I think it is worth $32 for the full size however? Probably not. You could easily find another product for cheaper that also left your hair feeling soft. If you really need something to protect your hair, this may be your product (I am just not quite sure how well of a job this does). 
The second sample is Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream. It says on the little paper it came with that this is Japan's Soft Skin Secret and even though every product on this planet claims something like that, I kinda believe this one. I put it on one side of my skin so I could compare to my normal skin and it really did leave it feeling soft and luxurious. It is also a pretty reasonable price, only $16 for 1.5 oz which sounds like a lot but moisturizer lasts a long time and the one I currently use was around $50 for 1 oz that I got from my dermatologist so, you do the math. Only downside to this one is that the smell is a real turnoff, it reminds me of wart medicine or something harsh like that, but the benefits far exceed the turnoff of the smell because it doesn't necessarily linger on your skin after it's on anyway. 


This Dr. Jart+ Premium BB Cream SPF 45+ is so so so nice and blends in well with your skin. My face immediately looked more luminous and healthy and covered red and blotchy spots well. I saw this in Sephora and almost bought it already, but I figured I may as well use up the sample first.
The Coastal Scents Revealed 3 Eyeshadow Quad went on my eyes well and were vibrant shades. However, I pretty much already have the top two colors in the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. Actually, the gold in the Too Faced is better along with the matte brown color, but the dark pink in this palette was really amazing looking on, it reminded me of a shade you would see on the runway as a bold eye.
This Marcelle Clay Mask is the last item in the May Birchbox. I don't typically use clay masks, but this one really surprised me. I like that it is mostly natural ingredients so I'm not putting anything harsh on my face, plus it did what it said it would for the most part. I have used it only once (since I just received the box today), but it seemed to clarify and brighten my skin after I rinsed off the mask. For $15 for the full size, I would recommend this product if you are looking for a good mask to use a few times a week in your beauty routine. 


So there you have it, we finally got through my April + May Birchbox Reviews! I only have received these two boxes since subscribing to Birchbox but so far I really enjoy the service! Not sure how long I'll keep it since I'm going away to college in the fall, however if you enjoy ungifting and recieving new products to try like I do, you would like this service. It is also rather cheap for what you get. Another thing is that you can build up loyalty points when you purchase full size items through their website.  If you liked this post please give it a + or comment! Below I will provide links to every product you see in this post :) Have a great week lovelies! 

Products:
Eyeshadow Palette - comes with 20 different eyeshadows!!



No comments:

Post a Comment